Tech Tip – Taking Care of Your Laptop
Here are some tips for keeping your laptop battery in good condition and the screen nice and clean:
– Avoid using the laptop in very hot places and avoid causing the laptop to overheat, as this can drain more power from the battery.
– Avoid draining the battery completely before charging it again.
– Check the power settings and learn which battery settings to enable.
– Make sure your laptop’s hibernation feature happens before the battery is drained and during downtime.
– Check which (unnecessary) apps are running in the background and stop them from doing so. With Windows 10, this can be helped by enabling the ‘Battery Saver’.
– With MacBooks, consider enabling Power Nap and automatic graphics switching.
To keep the screen of your laptop clean without damaging it:
– Use a microfibre cloth (not a paper towel or tissue), and preferably one that’s suitable for lens or glasses cleaning. You could also use a soft duster.
– Shut the laptop down first (so you can see the dust), press gently when cleaning and wipe in one direction.